June is the month we start to make plans for entertaining outside and the weather is warm enough for family meals on our deck or patio.
Here are some tips for setting a great table outside:
- Look through your seasonal tableware to make sure you have enough table settings for regular family gatherings as well as additional guests.You can mix and match place settings to add interest if you want to utilize dinner ware you already have. Combining colours is a great way to update your outdoor dining table. You can never have too many plates and glasses when it comes to outside dining!
- To keep your pool and patio area safe, there are great options for acrylic or BPA free drinkware that is shatterproof as well as stylish and elegant.
- Bring your favourite linens outdoors and set your table with the same care as you do in the dining room. This will add elegance and create a special mood that your guests will appreciate.
- Plant annuals in outdoor planters near your dining and lounge areas to add colour all season while your perennials show off in the rest of the garden. The bigger the better for lots of drama! Place fresh cut flowers from the market or your garden on table tops to provide even more colour to the space.
- Assess your space: lighting is just as important outdoors as indoors. There are many fun and functional options for outdoor lighting. There are lamps for table tops, standing, hanging and the classic string lights to add ambience and functional lighting to your dining and lounge areas. The latest versions can be solar powered or charged with a USB cord during the day.
- Enjoy the season, dining alfresco and lounging with cocktails!